Thursday, January 13, 2011

Special People

As I write this I am listening to the music and commotion next door. It not a disco or political rally. It is the Youth Conference for our church.

The noise is from all the games plus volleyball tournament that are being contested. But I like to remind myself that the biggest sound is the laughter. Young people having fun, enjoying fellowship.

It is not all just games. They have come to worship Jesus and study the book of Nehemiah. They are here to work. Just as Nehemiah challenged the people to build a wall to establish themselves as a nation, these youth have been challenged to build a youth group and establish themselves as a ministry dedicated to God. I pray they take up the challenge.

This is a great bunch of kids and if they follow through it will have a huge impact on the town of Jinja. These kids are special people.

It has also been great to watch Kelli put it all together. She looks at every detail to make sure the conference goes well. She cares deeply for all these youths and wants to see Jesus securely on His throne in each life. She is a special person.

Jacob, Joseph, Tall (Davis), Little John, Eddie, Patrick, Andy, Anna, Loyce & Neema (the Harmony Sisters), and others who I don't even know their names are all giving three days to see Jesus alter the lives of this group of kids. Really special people.

Meanwhile my sweetie, Beverly, teaches the women's bible study and covers for everyone else helping at the conference. A truly special person to me.

Me? What am I doing? I've got the easiest job today. I just get to teach these all these folks about working together. But after all the love, prayer and support poured out on these kids by all those special people, I think they have it under control already.

Special people seem to live that way.

Now to get ready for the Pastor's Conference here on the 24th-26th. Got to go find more special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment