Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dust bunnies, fixing things and cool water

I know I said I was going to stop fixing things but sometimes you just got to do it. The refrigerator has been slowly warming up over the last week (along with the weather) and when you can't even get a slightly cool drink of water, well enough is enough.

Apparently you have to clean the cooling coils once every few years! Taking the back plate off of the fridge revealed a large, fuzzy, dark brown lump where there should be the aforementioned coils. So with a 3 inch paint brush and a screwdriver I killed the dust bunny that had swallowed the coils but apparently the dust bunny had already eaten the fan. So tinkering with the fan (for the non technical that means banging on it with the paint brush) the fan is now working. GOD IS GOOD! We shall see in the morning if this has repaired the fridge.

I did however teach today. The SOM had a survey of Ephesians. It went well but it is getting harder every year to teach the survey classes as the Bible just has too much to say! But the guys are learning and that's what counts. God working in their lives.

I pray God is good in your life too. He never fails us but sometimes we are not as faithful as we should be. Sometimes the dust bunnies of sin overwhelm us and we lose our cooling abilities and the cooling fan of the Holy Spirit is grieved. But Jesus knows just what to do. (No, He doesn't bang us around with a paintbrush) He takes away all the sin that has clogged us up, washes us with the word, anoints us with oil and puts us back into service so the next guy can get some cool living water that flows from the Spirit through us to others.

I don't know if our fridge will work tomorrow but after Jesus gets done with us I know we'll be working just fine!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I ever thought about that. The last part there. Thanks Jess.

    ReplyDelete