Monday, March 26, 2012

How To Arrange a Meeting part two

As I said we are still working on my getting back . But the good news is that everyone eventually got to where they were supposed to be. And God knew what he was doing when He killed our car.

As Sam was leaving with Bev for Jinja she gave me a hug and said “Sorry about the car and leaving you here.” But I told her that God obviously wanted me to have the meetings and the only way He could get me to hear Him say “Stop” was to stop the car and He did!

We towed the car to the Toyota dealer (don’t be too impressed) and after waiting for thirty minutes to push a car out from the gravel drive way we pushed ours through the gate. As I signed the form (now be impressed) the shop manager said “We will work on it straight away on Monday.” WHOA! Monday? I can’t wait until Monday! As we struggled to push the Landcruiser back up the gravel drive that it had so easily rolled down moments before, I briefly thought that Mbale would be a good place to spend the weekend. But pride won out over reason and we got the car towed to Mr. Patel’s. Who promptly told me he’d get to it first thing Monday morning. But this was obviously a much better garage because I didn’t have to sign a form to leave my car there.

Going back to the inn, the lost travelers finally arrived from Kenya. They were so dirty and dusty I didn’t recognize them. After glancing at these filthy people coming up the drive I went the other way looking for the lost team. Then they hollered at me by name and I recognized them. Poor guys were exhausted but they had great tans only that it turned out to be dust. They looked much better but paler after they had showered. We agreed that the next morning we would meet for worship, the word and communion in the garden and off we went to our rooms.

I got up early Sunday to prepare a message for our team and decided to check email. As yahoo came up it opened to Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead on a live webcast concert. I listened for 20 minutes and it was if my past had come back to life. As if the “Dead” had resurrected. Then that still small voice that comes only from the master said, “ I have resurrected but these have not. Where is the praise due me?” Off went the webcast. But then the Lord pointed out that the concert was called “The Bridge.” Jesus is the bridge between God and man. He has risen from the dead. And as we serve Him we too become the connections to the bridge that is Jesus Christ. That became the message that was shared from John 13. It actually was a very blessed time and I am ever thankful that God stopped me from going back to Jinja.

I got to have great meetings with the KKAB team. It was a real blessing to hear their hearts for Jesus and their zeal for the work that they are called to do. So the meetings are over, the team has left but here I sit in Mbale with a smile on my face as I look at our dead Toyota. I’m trying to remind myself to listen and hear. I am blessed when I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment