Monday, April 4, 2011

When does Faith need medicine?

This past Saturday Moro Steven and I took Jonathan, the new nurse, to Ogongora to reopen the clinic. It was another whirlwind trip. Five hours there, unload, eat lunch, drive home. I've got to admit that we are getting lots of practice.

So we have the clinic reopening which is good for the community but I wonder where to draw the line. One of the things that strikes me about living here is how dependent we are on Jesus. When most people here fall sick their only hope is to pray. They don't have the option of modern medicine. Jesus is the answer. The only answer. I have seen Jesus heal so many here that I could almost see fit to not open the C.C.Medical Centre in order to let people live by faith not by medicine. I know that I'd never do that but a friend asked me last week when does intervening in the life of a sick child turn from helping to playing God. If that child needs a kidney transplant but that is not available here, is my friend doing more harm than good? No way! I told her to always opt for life, hope and love. That is what Jesus always gives. Life and hope and love. Three things you can't go wrong giving people. If life, hope and love come through Jesus by way of the clinic that is good enough for me. As long as people know that all healing at the clinic is by God's wisdom and plan, I'll just keep sharing the truth about our awesome Savior. And all the ways He saves.

Now it is off to Pajule for a week of evangelism. I'm Sorry I have to leave my lovely bride at home. But she doesn't like stay out for the week in the village, plus somebody needs to stick around to run the place. Lord keep her safe and our evangelism team as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment